Friday, February 25, 2011

Victories in Our Lives

  Victories take many forms.  The Branson Men's Basketball team has experienced victory on the court this year and will play in a Championship game tonight.  The people of Egypt recently experienced victory that they hope will lead to more freedoms in their country.  Just last week, my cousin received victory over a drug addiction that plagued him most of his life.  While studying about Nehemiah's victory, I came across this quote....

"Every victory in our life should take us deeper into praise. If we are not praising God more, and more deeply, with each passing year, are we really having much victory? Maybe we are making it "through" tough times - but coming out more bitter and sour than ever. That is not God's victory! His victory leads to a sweeter spirit, and deeper praise! "                 
    David Guzik’s Commentaries on the Bible

The victory of finishing the Jerusalem wall in 52 days was clearly a God victory.  It couldn't have been done by man alone.  This makes me stop and consider my own victories in life.  What good are my victories?  I want to be a part of God's victories! 

Now, I believe, everyday I am engaged in what will be another of God's victories.  My part, as Mom, is to train my children in God's ways.  To love and encourage them. To live a life that centers around God, not one that only lets God in on Sundays and holidays. (Duet. 12..loosely paraphrased)  My children are some of God's Victories.  Some of his finest work! (A little bragging? Shouldn't we all feel that way?)

So again, I look at my life.  God has carried me through some tough things.  He has shown me victories in my life.  And as I rely on him more and more, I see how truly great He is.  I see how He loves me.  And I see that the victories that matter are the ones that cause me to praise Him more!

No comments:

Post a Comment