Saturday, June 4, 2011

Anxiety can be a problem...

We went camping last night.  It cooled all the way down to 70 degrees.  One of us really had a problem with that.  As a matter of fact, she really had a problem with everything about camping.  She was so anxious about the whole thing, that her behavior became a problem for everyone involved.  She couldn't sit still on the ride over to Chadwick.  She became irrationally snippy about the bugs flying around.  She couldn't wait to get into the tent and feel safe.  But when we finally did go to bed, at 9:40, she could not stop panting!!!  That's right, Sophie has anxiety about camping. 

She had to ride in the backseat  of Barrett's truck with me.  She couldn't sit still and slobbered all over!! She was constantly looking around to make sure that we were all still together.  She becomes a totally different dog when we go camping.  She doesn't bark, doesn't even make a sound at all the night noises.  She is very uneasy.

It made me wonder about my behavior - when God wants me to step out of my comfort zone.  When I have time between services, do I walk around the church, panting uncontrollable because I don't know who to talk to. (figuratively speaking)  Do I fidget and seem distracted when He wants me to speak to a stranger at the store?  Do I snip at the kids or their friends when our schedules collide? 

All things to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment