Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Herb Garden

I have an herb garden....well, I have an herb garden planter. It's four clay jars stacked in a pile.  Really cute.  But so far, I haven't been successful in growing anything in it.  I have seeds planted now, though.  And I'm hopeful.

Every time I walk by it, I wonder if I need to do anything for it.  Does it need more water?  Should I move it outside?  Did I plant the seeds deep enough? I know it's going to take a little time to get going, but still I wonder if there is anything I can do to help it along.

Maybe that's how God feels about me.  He has given me everything I need....His Word (to know Him more), a loving family, great church, friends that build me up...But when will I take off and GROW?!  I'm so glad He is patient!  I'm so glad that He is the gardener. (John 15:1)  That gives me hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment