Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

I think it's finally here.  Every year I like to share a little poem about Spring with my friends.  I wanted to do it 2 weeks ago when I thought we were done with winter.  Glad I waited, because that was a false alarm!!

       Spring

The golden rays of sun
The sharp smell of the green grass
The bright sight of the red tulips
        smell so delicate
Rainbows spread their beautiful colors

The clear drops of rain
Drop to the earth below
Spring is like a dream in heaven

Dovie White
January 2001

Getting ready for this new study, The Word about Gardening, has been fun for me.  And a little confusing.  Jesus speaks to the people in parables.  And so, it takes some insight to really get the message.  But that is what is so exciting.  It's a Living Word and speaks to each of us individually!! 

God uses the simple things to teach us.  And even though we may not have green thumbs, almost everyone has a certain knowledge about how things grow.  The kingdom of God, the Power of God and the Love of God are all described in terms relating to gardening.  So as we get our hands dirty in our earthly gardens over the next few weeks, let's be sure to look for ways that God is teaching us about the spiritual garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment